Ruby Tuesday!


It's time to paint the town--I mean--the interwebs RED again!

Ruby Tuesday is a fun carnival hosted by MaryT at Work of the Poet. If you have something ravishing red to share, join in!

Today, I'm sharing a refreshing new recipe I'm trying to learn. You see, when I think of Spring, I think of fresh fruits. So when I stumbled upon this super easy recipe, I just had to note it down and try making it on my own!

I know, I know, strawberry is not even in season yet, but looking at how luscious that photo is, you'll know this is a dessert recipe for keeps! I got it from KitchenCakes.com.



STRAWBERRY PARFAIT

Ingredients:

6 large fresh or thawed frozen strawberries
1/2 cup strawberry flavored yogurt
1 tablespoon orange juice concentrate
1 teaspoon firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut (optional)

Directions:
1. Place strawberries in a bowl; lightly mash with fork.

2. Spoon strawberry mixture into four long-stemmed wine glasses.

3. Combine yogurt, orange juice concentrate and brown sugar in a small bowl.

4. Drizzle yogurt mixture over strawberries and avocado and sprinkle with coconut.

Try it out for yourself and let me know how it turns out!

Cheerios!
Rach